GAITHERSBURG, Md. (WUSA9) -- Montgomery County Fire and Rescue crews responded to a gas leak Wednesday morning which temporarily shut down a portion of Route 355.
The gas leak was in the vicinity of Route 355 and Chesnut Avenue. Hazmat crews and Gaithersburg Gas Company were also on the scene.
A truck struck a gas meter in the rear of the Vitamin Shoppe at 300 N Frederick Avenue. We're told that people were evacuated.
The gas has been controlled and shut off, officials say. Route 355 near Chesnut Avenue has reopened.