CHEVY CHASE, Md. (WUSA) -- One person was electrocuted and two others shocked in their Chevy Chase home Saturday evening.

It happened in the 200-block of Oxford Street. All three victims were pulled from under their home and rushed to the hospital.

"I heard screaming then I heard the wife screaming my husband is dead," remembers neighbor, Diana Goldberg. " I heard shouting, I said, 'what can I do should I call 911,'" she says.

"When fire and rescue arrived on the scene they found three people in a crawl space," says Pete Piringer, the Chief Spokesperson for Montgomery County, Md., Fire & Rescue Service.

Investigators say one man was electrocuted. EMS performed CPR and rushed him to the hospital. A woman and teenage boy were shocked, both in serious condition and taken to a nearby burn center.

Power was cut off to the house. Although it's not immediately clear what happened, neighbors and police say the Oxford Street home was recently flooded. "It appears though the crawl space in the rear, there may have been some water," says Piringer.

Police are still investigating the cause. Conditions of the victims has not been released.

Read or Share this story: