96 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA9) -- An Alexandria Fire Marshal saved the life of a man who was possibly hit by a piece of moulding this past weekend at the Hilton Alexandria Mark Center.

According to the Alexandria Fire Department, Alexandria Fire marshals were out in the field on routine rounds when they went to the hotel located at 5000 Seminary Rd.

A large event was going on in one of the ballrooms and a large piece of moulding fell from the ceiling in the ballroom while the marshals were there.

Guests told the marshals at the same time that there was an unconscious person at one of the tables.

Authorities said the fire marshal found a man, unconscious but he still had a pulse. One marshal found that the man's breathing and pulse were very weak so she began helping him.

An EMS unit was called to the scene and took the man to the hospital, authorities said.

At this point it is not clear whether the man was actually hit by the molding or if he had some other medical issues that caused him to lose consciousness.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1fVtCrD