PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) - Police documents say two Brown University football players investigated in an alleged sexual assault talked about a third player's involvement.
The Providence Journal reports (http://bit.ly/1gE23RO) search warrant affidavits for the players' cellphones were filed in a Rhode Island court and disclosed the alleged involvement of a third player.
A Providence County grand jury Monday declined to indict the two players, who were told to leave campus and removed from the team roster after the allegations arose. The attorney general's office provided no explanation Wednesday for the decision. The third player has not been charged. Brown declined to comment.
An 18-year-old Providence College freshman told police she believed she was drugged at a bar and sexually assaulted last year. She said she woke up in a dorm room at Brown.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com