1 4 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

LAUREL, Md. (WUSA9) -- Early Wednesday morning, firefighters battled a blaze at a hair salon in Laurel.

According to Prince George's County fire officials, crews responded to the fire at Shear Bliss in the 100 block of Main Street shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday. Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire quickly and no one was injured, say officials.

The Laurel Volunteer Fire Department tweeted a photo of the salon on fire (see above).

According to Prince George's County Fire Department spokesperson Mark Brady, an unattended candle caused the fire at the hair salon. It left $50,000 worth of damage.

Brady tells us it's the third fire this month and fourth this year in the county that was caused by an unattended candle or incense.

Fire officials say these four fires should be a wake-up call to everyone.

"Candles are very popular in homes these days, but people need to read the instructions on how to use them safely. Don't let them burn longer than you're supposed to, or near anything that can catch fire," Laurel Fire Marshal Dave Cope says.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1nrEmwJ