LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

CENTREVILLE, Va. (WUSA9) -- An overturned lamp sparked a fire that caused $200,000 worth of damage and displaced 9 people this past weekend in Centreville.

Fairfax County Fire and Rescue Department officials say firefighters responded to a townhouse fire Saturday at approximately 6 p.m. at 14714 Truitt Farm Drive. Smoke and fire were coming from the second floor of the two-story townhouse. Firefighters conducted an aggressive fire attack and brought the fire under control in approximately 10 minutes.

Officials say the fire was primarily contained to an upstairs bedroom. According fire investigators, an overturned bedroom lamp ignited bedding. There was some smoke and water damage throughout the home.

Five occupants were home when the fire broke out but were able to get out unharmed after smoke alarms sounded, say officials.

Nine occupants have been displaced, say officials. Red Cross is providing support.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/2014/05/27/townhouse-fire-centreville-truitt-farm-drive/9625879/