17 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

ROCKVILLE, Md. (WUSA9) -- A man suffered life-threatening injuries after being shocked by energized wires in Rockville on Friday morning.

Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services spokesperson Oscar Garcia tells us that around 1:30 a.m. crews responded to the 12200 block of Academy Way in Rockville for a report of a possible electrocution. Once on scene they found a man with serious, life-threatening injuries in the area of energized wires. We're told a Pepco truck was in the area and that the man may have been a worker.

Garcia says the man was treated and transported to a hospital. In a statement, officials said, "The worker remains hospitalized and the incident is under investigation."

The crew called Pepco to remove power from wires in the area. Pepco responded promptly and removed power, according to Garcia.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1guQVLp