ROCKVILLE, Md. (WUSA9) -- Tuesday morning, firefighters found themselves back at the scene of a fire in in Rockville, according to fire spokesperson Pete Piringer in some tweets on Tuesday.
Crews located a small fire in a debris pile at the Kevin Smith Building and Design carpentry shop in a strip mall in the 1000 block of Taft Street. Firefighters were able to put the fire out and also sprayed water on the debris pile as well as trash to prevent the fire from rekindling.
More than 100 firefighters responded to the scene and fought the fire for more than four hours.
Investigators estimate the damage is approximately $1 million.
The cause of the fire appears to be sparks from power tools igniting combustibles nearby.