WALDORF, Md. (WUSA9) -- A home has been destroyed by fire on Monday morning in Waldorf.
The fire occurred in the 2900 block of Henry Court and eight people were inside the home at the time. We're told the fire was reported at approximately 4:44 a.m.
Of the eight people, six were family members and two were guests. Two of them were adults and six were children, according to Waldorf Volunteer Fire Chief J.R. Hayden Chief. Everyone got out safely, including the family dog.
Waldorf Volunteer Fire Department tweeted that the house was "100 percent involved" in fire at one point.
The Sky 9 chopper flew over the scene and @NewsChopperBrad's photo showed that a "house destroyed by early am fire."
MORE PHOTOS: http://on.wusa9.com/QllAOG
According to Hayden, the fire marshal says the fire was sparked by a charcoal grill on the deck.
The house been ruled a total loss, with damage estimated at approximately $550,000.