DENVER (KUSA) -- An international student who died while visiting Colorado for spring break had ingested a marijuana cookie before falling to his death at a Denver hotel, according to a just-released autopsy report from the Denver County Coroner's Office.
Levy Thamba Pongi, 19, was from the Republic of Congo and had started taking classes at Northwest College in Powell, Wyoming this year.
Denver police say Pongi fell from a balcony at a Holiday Inn on Quebec Street, just east of Denver's Stapleton neighborhood, on March 11.
While the coroner's office calls his death an "accident," the report released on Wednesday says a "significant condition" during his death was "marijuana intoxication."
Toxicology tests reveal his blood contained 7.2 ng/ml of the active component of THC. In Colorado, 5 ng/ml is considered the lower threshold for driving under the influence of drugs.
The autopsy report says Pongi started acting angry after eating the cookie. It says he began pulling things off the wall. His friends tried to calm him down, but Pongi jumped out of bed, ran to the balcony and jumped over the railing, according to the report.
It's not clear when the marijuana-infused cookie was consumed, and a spokesperson for the Denver Police Department said the police report had yet to be completed.