LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

FALLS CHURCH, Va. (WUSA9) -- Fairfax County fire officials say a two-alarm fire at the Skyline Nail Supply in Falls Church was caused by a light fixture in the ceiling and has been ruled accidental.

At approximately 3:10 p.m. on Friday, units responded to the fire at7234 Arlington Boulevard where they encountered heavy smoke and fire coming from the back of the store.

Firefighters say the deep seated fire and the large amount of chemicals used and stored within the store presented a challenge. It took about 50 minutes for firefighters to bring the fire under control and another hour to extinguish fire hot spots.

Two nearby stores lost power, but service was restored several hours later. There were no injuries.

Preliminary damage is estimated at $100,000, officials say.


Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1hwB2Ty