LOS ANGELES - For the second year in a row, South Korean rapper Psy had the most viewed video of the year on YouTube, with the songGentleman.
YouTube, which released its annual chart of the top trending and viewed videos of the year Wednesday, said Psy's follow-up toGangnam Stylehad 598 million views. (Gangnam, at 1.8 billion views, is YouTube's most viewed video ever.)
YouTube, the world's most popular online video destination, has also become the number one place young people listen to new music. Even with the growing popularity of original video for YouTube by homegrown stars like Rhett and Link, Lonely Island, iJustine, Shane Dawson and others, music videos still dominate the most viewed videos.
The rest of the top 10:
2. Miley Cyrus -Wrecking Ball, 393 million views
3. Miley Cyrus -We Can't Stop304 million
4. Katy Perry -Roar251 million.
5. Pink -Just Give Me A Reason,236 million
6. Robin Thicke -Blurred Lines, 231 million
7. Rihanna -Stay, 219 million
8. Naughty Boy -La La La, 201 million
9. Avicii -Wake Me Up, 184 million
10. Selena Gomez -Come & Get It, 181 million
YouTube also put out a list of the top trending original videos based on views, comments, likes and shares - a chart that's shared with comedy, advertisements and things that went very viral.
The top trending videos:
1. "The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?" by the Norwegian comedy/music duo known as Ylvis ( Vegard and Bård Ylvisåker), 275 million views.
2.Harlem Shake, (a comedy re-imagining) by Kenneth Aakonsen, who is also from Norway; 95 million views.
3.How Animals Eat Their Food: Mister Epic Mann.Two guys make a mess at the dinner table. 88 million.
4. Miley Cyrus -Wrecking Ball.A lip-synch comedy version on chat roulette by Steve Kardynal. 77 million.
5.Baby & me: A dancing baby video commercial for Evian water. 67 million.
6.Volvo Trucks- The Epic Split. Actor Claude Van Damme in a stunt video for Volvo Trucks: 59 million.
7.YOLO- The Lonely Island. Music video by the comedy troupe featuring former Saturday Night Live star Andy Sandberg. 53 million.
8.Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise, CarrieNYC. A reality spoof staged by the producers of the Carrie remake, in which a woman appears to have real telekinetic powers. 50 million.
9.THE NFL : A Bad Lip Readingby BadLipReading, a filmmaker who inserts "what if" language into actual film footage. 44 million.
10.Mozart vs Skrillex. Epic Rap Battles of History.The comedy duo, which reimagines verbal duels with historical figures. In this segment, the classical composer takes on the electronica composer. 42 million.
FollowJefferson Grahamon Twitter.