COLLEGE PARK, Md. (WUSA9) -- Prince George's County Fire spokesperson Mark Brady says a man has died after a porta potty fire on Tuesday morning.

Captain Stanley Johnson with Maryland National Capital Park Police says that shortly before 8 a.m. officers responded to the 10100 block of Rhode Island Avenue (the Sunnyside Neighborhood Park) in College Park for a brush fire. Officers found a porta potty engulfed in flames with a man inside.

According to Johnson, at least 50 percent of the man's body was severely burned. Theman was flown to the Medstar Burn Unit in critical condition where he later died.

Fire officials continue to investigate the circumstances of the fire but have not ruled out a possible suicide attempt.

Prince George's County police are now investigating the incident.

The man's name will not be released until next of kin is notified.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1dw54zH