28 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

FAIRFAX, Va. (WUSA9) -- A 12-year-old boy was bit by a copperhead snake after he accidentally stepped on it, the mother of the boy told WUSA9.

Michael Alford went out through a side door by the garage to get something from the car around 10:00 p.m. when he accidentally stepped on a snake. The snake then bit him once. He immediately told his mother. His sister was able to get a photo of the snake. By that time the snake had crawled inside the garage, the mother told WUSA9.

According to Michael's mom, he was taken to the hospital and has had to be given four doses of anti-venom.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1lzDZTo