WASHINGTON (WUSA9) -- The 2013 Rock 'N' Roll USA Marathon and Half Marathon happens Saturday and no cars will be allowed through the routes of the races.
The marathon and half-marathon begin at approximately 7:25 a.m. but some roads may start as early as 12 a.m., say D.C. police. Roads are expected to reopened as early as 9:30 a.m. but no later than 2 p.m. Saturday.
The marathons start at Constitution Avenue, NW, just east of 14th Street, NW. Here are the road closures by U.S. Park Police:
6:00 a.m.-10:00 a.m.:
- Memorial Bridge
- Rock Creek Parkway from Porter to Parkway Drive
- Parkway Drive from Rock Creek Parkway to Lincoln Memorial Circle Constitution Ave from 15th Street to 23rd Street 15th Street from Independence Avenue to Constitution Avenue 17th Street from Independence Avenue to Constitution Avenue Jefferson Drive from 15th Street to 14th Street Madison Drive from 15th Street to 14th Street Henry Bacon Drive
- Ohio Drive Ramp to Memorial Bridge
- Ohio Drive at Potomac Freeway (All traffic will take Potomac Freeway AM Traffic Change)
7:30 a.m.-3:00 p.m.:
- Anacostia Drive from Howard Road to CSX Roadway and Pavilion
- (Access to USPP AOF Facility from Aviation Road)