34 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

ANNAPOLIS, Md. (WUSA) -- Bates Middle School is reopening on Thursday after a boiler exploded and injured two men.

Bob Mosier, Public Information Officer for Anne Arundel County Public Schools, says air tests and other safety inspections have been completed. The school now has heat and running water.

The explosion at the Annapolis school took place shortly after 9 a.m. on Wednesday that resulted in two men being injured.

An Annapolis Fire Department spokesmen says the two men were working on a boiler at the school on 701 Chase Street when it exploded. The two men, reportedly in their 50s, suffered minor burns and were taken to a burn center.

No students were injured. Police say students are at Maryland Hall and can be picked up by their parents or guardians.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1lFrmDu