LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

NEW YORK, N.Y. (USA Today) - A third accuser has come forward with claims he had underage sex with Kevin Clash, the former Elmo puppeteer on Sesame Street.

The unidentified man was 16 in 2000 when, according to a lawsuit filed Tuesday in a New York federal court, he met Clash through a gay chat line, the same method said to have been used to meet two other accusers.

The latest accuser, labeled John Doe in the complaint, said Clash identified himself as Craig, plied him with alcohol and engaged in sexual activity in his Manhattan apartment, where the teen saw "numerous Elmo dolls and photographs of Elmo with famous people such as Beyonce and Tyra Banks."

The man's attorney, Jeff Herman, is also representing a second accuser, Cecil Singleton, who filed suit last week. At the time, Miami-based Herman said he'd been contacted by other potential victims and expected to file further legal action.

The latest court filing acknowledges Clash and the teen kept in touch, and when Doe graduated high school, after he'd turned 18, he moved to New York and their relationship continued. Clash is now 52.

A spokeswoman for Clash, who resigned last week after 28 years with Sesame Workshop, did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

By Gary Levin, USA Today

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1dUAXTX