27 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

LANDOVER, Md. (WUSA) - A contractor was injured at a site in Landover Tuesday morning, Prince George's Fire Department PIO Mark Brady said.

Just before 10:00 a.m. Tuesday, firefighters and medics responded to a call of a contractor being burned. Units arrived on the scene of a commercial building at 1501 Cabin Branch Drive in Landover, a building that was undergoing repairs for a roof collapse a few months ago.

According to authorities an adult male, around 50 years old, sustained second degree burns on his upper body from a "flash fire or electrical arc while working in or near an underground vault."

Firefighters called Pepco to the scene, and no further details are currently available.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1dUzkWm