27 LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

GLENN DALE, Md. (WUSA)-- Prince George's County Fire Departmentsay a deep fryeris to blame for a house fire that displaced two people in Glenn Dale, Maryland.

Fire officials responded to the 4400 block of Huntchase DriveSunday afternoonto find flames shooting from the side ofa house.

The fire appears to have started by a deep fryer that was being used to close to the house. It took firefighters about 15 minutes to put the fire out

One firefighter was transported to the hospital for a minorheat related illness. Hewas laterreleased from the hospital.

Officials say the fire caused about $70,000 worth of damage.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1cCGixl