Ashburn, Va. (WUSA) -- Fire department units from Moorefield, Ashburn, Arcola and South Riding were dispatched to the 43000 block of Royal Fern Terrace in Ashburn for a town house fire at about 7 p.m. on Thursday.

Units arrived on the scene to find a three story, middle unit townhouse with fire on the deck, up the vinyl siding and into the attic space. Fire department personnel quickly made entry, extinguishing the fire and preventing further damage to adjoining units.

Moderate damage was done to the exterior of the home and some smoke damage to the interior. The rear of a neighboring townhome sustained minor damage.

The total damage assessment is approximately $75,000. The Loudoun County Fire Marshal's office determined the cause to be accidental in nature. The fire's origin was a result of a propane grill system failure that was positioned on the deck away from the house. No fire department personnel or civilians were injured.

The homeowner was displaced but able to stay with friends.

Read or Share this story: http://on.wusa9.com/1bdSnIl