Esparragos y Romesco (Asparagus and Romesco sauce)
- 18 peices Green Asparagus (2 oz)
- 1 oz Romesco (1oz)*recipe below
- Season asparagus with salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Sear on plancha until charred and cooked through, about two minutes.
- Heat up Romesco in large saute pan and transfer asapargus to saute pan to coat evenly.
- Serve in a cazuela with shaved raw asparagus salad as garnish.
- 11 lbs. vine ripe tomatoes
- 4 heads of garlic
- 1.5 lbs hazelnut
- 1/4 cup nyora pepper purée
- 3/4 loaf stirato bread, diced
- 10 cloves of garlic, peeled (0.15 lb)
- 1 bunch parsley leaves
- 3 cups olive oil
- 2 cups sherry vinegar
- 1 cup water
- De-stem the tomatoes and cut an x on the top. Line a sheet pan with foil and place tomatoes on top with 4 garlic heads. add olive oil and put in oven for 1 hour at 400 degrees. When done, peel the charred tomatoe skins.
- Deep fry the hazelnuts until golden brown.
- Deep fry the Stirato bread until crispy.
- Blend ALL ingredients completely in the robocoup until smooth.
- Add salt to taste
Nyora Pepper Purée
- 2 packs of Nyora Peppers (160 grams each)
- Cut the peppers in half
- Soak the peppers overnight in warm water, covered with platic film.
- Drain the peppers from the water and remove the seeds and the stems
- Blend peppers in the vitaprep
- Pass through a very fine tamis
- Divide into half cup portions and pack into pint containers and freeze