courtesy of Chef Kenny (ChefKenny.com)
Veggie-Chorizo Flatbread Pizza with Smoked Avocado Sauce
For the avocado sauce (Yield: about 1 cup):
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, spooned
- 1-cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Hickory Liquid Smoke (Found in condiment aisle)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 ½ tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 10 large basil leaves (more for garnish)
- Juice of one lime
- Place all ingredients into a food processor; blend until smooth.
- Taste and adjust with seasonings.
For the flatbread pizza:
- 2 Naan Whole-Grain Flatbreads or other brand
- 1 cup red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1-cup carrots, shredded
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 2 (3 ½ oz.) Goya Chorizo sausage or breakfast sausage link, sliced
- ½ cup aged cheddar cheese, shredded
- Olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brush the rim of the pizza crusts with olive oil.
- Spread the avocado sauce generously and evenly onto pizza.
- Divide the red cabbage, carrots, and fennel evenly.
- Top each pizza with sliced chorizo and cheese.
- Place the pizzas onto a large backing sheet and bake on top rack for 7-10 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender and the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve immediately.
Mango- Green Apple Smoothie
- 1 1/2 cups (360 ml) Light Vanilla Soy or Almond Milk
- 2 cups (120 g) fresh spinach leaves
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, chopped
- 1 green apple, cored, chopped
- 4 small mint leaves
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1½ cups ice cubs
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger 1 scoop Protein Whey (optional)
- Place all ingredients into the *Vitamix container (or comparable brand) in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select the smoothie program.
- Switch machine to start and allow machine to complete programmed cycle.
Nutritional information: per 1 cup (240 ml) Calories 132, Total Fat:09, Saturated Fat 0g, Protein1G, Fiber 4g, Carbohydrates 34g, Sodium: 51mg, Cholesterol O mg