Recipe courtesy of Wildfire
Goat Cheese Stuffed Mushrooms (2 dozen)
- 24 medium domestic mushrooms
- melted garlic butter
- salt and pepper
- goat cheese herb stuffing
- garlic breadcrumbs
- For the goat cheese and herb stuffing
- 4 oz. goat cheese, softened to room temperature
- 2 oz. cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 1 T. Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 T. chopped fresh basil
- 1 T. chopped tarragon
- 2 t. chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ t. kosher salt
- 1/8 t. freshly ground black pepper
- Pull off stems of each mushroom.
- Toss mushrooms with garlic butter and salt and pepper mix in a stainless steel bowl.
- Roast mushrooms on a parchment-lined sheet pan at 350 degrees for 15-18 minutes.
- Remove and cool to room temperature.
- Process all ingredients for goat cheese and herb stuffing in a food processor until smooth.
- Place stuffing in a bag and pipe 1 t. into each pre-roasted mushroom cap.
- Top with ½ t. garlic breadcrumbs.