An apple dumpling dessert recipe, courtesy of Alba Osteria's Chef de Cuisine Amy Brandwein
- 6 cups Canola Oil
- 2 Green Apples, Cored and Sliced 1/8 inch thick
- Simple Syrup for Apples:
- 3 cups Sugar
- 3 cups Water
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup of Potato Starch
- 1/2 T. Baking Powder
- 1 pinch of Salt
- 1 Cider Beer
- 1 Eggs
- 1 cup of Vanilla Gelato
- 2 T confectionary Sugar for dusting
- 2 T Honey
- 1 T Pistachio
- Preheat canola oil in heavy duty sauce pot until 350 degrees.
- Soak apples in simple syrup.
- Dust apples in flour and then dip in tempura and fry until golden brown.
- Using spider, drain apples and place on tray with paper towel.
- Place honey on plate; add fried apples; drizzle with honey and then sprinkle with confectionary sugar and pistachios. Add gelato and enjoy!