Tuscan Kale Pasta Dough
- 2 durum flour
- 2 large eggs
- 3oz kale juice
- 2 tsp olive oil
To prepare the dough:
- Mound the flour on a cutting board or directly on your counter top and make a well in the middle.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, kale juice and olive oil.
- Pour the mixture into the well and gradually stir the eggs with your fingers to start incorporating the flour without letting the eggs spill out of the well.
- Once the mixture comes together begin to knead the dough with the palms of your hands. If the dough seems too sticky add more flour to the work surface.
- Knead the dough for about 4-5 minutes and then wrap it in plastic and let it rest for 30 minutes or up to a day in the refrigerator. Make sure that the dough is room temperature before rolling it into sheets.
- Roll the dough down to the second lowest setting on the pasta machine and cover with a towel until ready to fill.
Caramelized Onion and Ricotta Filling
- 1 cup caramelized onions (chopped)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup mascarpone
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
Mix all of the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and place into a piping bag.
To prepare the agnolotti:
- Pipe the filling onto pasta sheets.
- Roll the pasta over the filling and seal the edge with beaten eggs or water.
- Use your fingers to pinch the agnolotti and cut them into individual pieces with a pasta wheel cutter.
- Pinch the edges to seal.