Approximately 8 buns
(Vegan for Fit burger buns)
- 4 1/2 cups whole grain spelt flour
- 1 1/2 cups non-carbonated mineral water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1 pkg. organic yeast
- 1 cup popped amaranth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons white almond butter
- 1 teaspoon iodized sea salt
- 1/3 cup light sesame seeds
- Put flour in a large bowl and make a well int he center.
- Pour just over 3 tablespoons of mineral water, agave syrup and yeast into the well and stir them together.
- Allow to rest for 30 minutes. Then add just under 1 1/2 cups warm mineral water and knead everything into a smooth dough.
- Dust with some flour and cover the bowl with a kitchen towel.
- Allow to rest in a warm place for 40 minutes.
- Then knead in the popped amaranth, almond butter and sea salt and form into buns.
- Place on a baking sheet line with parchment paper and cover. Allow to rise for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Brush buns with a little water and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for 20 minutes.
For 6 tofu burgers
- 10.5 ounces firm, plain tofu
- 2 red onions
- 1 red bell pepper
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup whole wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons medium-hot mustard
- 3 teaspoons hot paprika
- 2 teaspoons locust bean gum
- 1 1/2 teaspoons iodized sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Ingredients for Chili Ketchup
- 1/3 cup tomato past
- 1 tsp iodized sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon agave syrup
- grated peel of 1/4 organic lemon
- 1 pinch chili
Ingredients for Avocado Cream
- 1/2 bunch basil
- 2 avocados
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tsp cashew butter
- iodized sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- mixed greens
- 2 onions
- 1/2 cucumber
- 4 tomatoes
- 6 Vegan for fit burger buns
For the burgers, mash the tofu with a fork.
Peel and finely chop the onions
Halve the bell pepper, remove the seeds, wash and finely chop
Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet and saute onions and bell pepper approximately 5 minutes
Mix the contents of the pan together with the tofu, breadcrumbs, mustard, 3 tablespoons water, paprika, locust bean gum and salt, and then form the burgers from this mixture.
Season with pepper.
Over medium heat, fry the burgers in 2 tablespoons of hot oil approximately 4 minutes on each side.
Transfer to a plate line with paper towels to drain.
For the chili ketchup, combine all ingredients in a bowl.
For the avocado cream, wash the basil and shake it dry.
Finely chop the leaves.
Halve the avocado and remove the pit. Spoon out the pulp with a tablespoon.
Puree the avocado with the lemon juice and cashew butter or mash these together with a fork.
Fold in the basil and season with salt and pepper.
Wash the mixed greens and spin dry.
Peel the onions and cut into rings.
Wash the cucumber and tomatoes and cut both into slices.
On one half of each bun, spread a layer of chili ketchup. Then add the mixed greens, tofu burger, avocado basil cream, onion rings and cucumber and tomato slices.
Put the other half of the bun on top.