Francine Bryson of South Carolina joined us to show off some pies and share some recipes with us.
(WUSA9) -- Francine Bryson of South Carolina was a finalist on CBS' American Pie Competition. On Tuesday, she joined us to show off some pies and share some recipes with us.
See the recipes below:
WHITE CHOCOLATE KEY LIME PIE
- 1. pkg oreo cookies ground fine
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Mix ingredients together in a 9-inch pie plate until evenly combined. Press evenly onto the bottom and up the sides of the pie plate. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before filling.
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 11 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 3 tlbs heavy cream
- Melt together cream and chocolate chips in a small saucepan set over low heat.
- Remove from heat, stir in sour cream, lime zest and juice.
- Pour into prepared pie crust. let chill 30 mins melt bitter sweet chocolate and heavy cream stir till smooth pour over pie and refrigerate for 2 hours, or overnight.
- top as desired
WHITE CHOCOLATE RAISIN NUT PIE
BASIC PIE CRUST
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shortening, chilled
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- Whisk the flour and salt together in a medium size bowl. With a pastry blender, cut in the cold shortening until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Drizzle 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water over flour. Toss mixture with a fork to moisten, adding more water a few drops at a time until the dough comes together
- Gently gather dough particles together into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap, and chill for at least 30 minutes before rolling.
- Roll out dough, and put in a pie plate. Set aside
- 2 CUPS RAISINS
- 2 8oz pkg indulgence white chocolate cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups apple juice
- In pan over med high heat apple juice and raisin till rehydrated or plump approximately 15 minutes
- Drain apple juice off raisins and discard juice and let raisins cool
- In mixer beat cream cheese till smooth add sugar, salt eggs, cream and vanilla stir in raisins and nuts pour into prepared crust
- Bake at 350F 35 to 40 minutes center should be soft
- Chill in fridge for 2 hours
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2/3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Whip cream with sugar and vanilla till stiff peaks
- Spread on chilled pie
CHOCOLATE BACON PEANUT BUTTER PIE
- 25 Chips-a-hoy cookies.
- 1 cup of peanut Butter.
- 5 tlbs of melted butter.
- 1 16oz pack of bacon.
- 1 /2 12oz can of evaporated milk.
- 1 12oz bag of semi-sweet chips.
- ¾ cups of white sugar.
- 1 ½ tlbs of vanilla butter nut flavor.
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese.
- 1 cup of powdered sugar.
- 2 ½ cup of whipping cream.
- Cook bacon in microwave for 3 ½ minutes till crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towels, then cut it into small pieces.
- Melt 3 tlbs butter and mix in crushed cookies. Then press it into a pie plate and bake at 350 degrees for 8-12 minutes, then let it cool.
- In a 2qt saucepan, heat milk and white sugar and add chips. Stir over a medium heat until the contents are melted and thick. Then add butter2 tlbs and let it all cool.
- Spread 1½ cup of chocolate sauce over crust and sides and let it set.
- Place cream cheese, and sugar in a mixer till it's smooth. Then add one cup of whipping cream. Whip until the mixture is fluffy, then add peanut butter, and whip it once more.
- Sprinkle half the contents of the chopped bacon over the chocolate covered crust crust and then pour in the creamy mixture.Then sprinkle the half remaining chopped bacon bits over the peanut butter middle. Spread half of the remaining chocolate sauce over the creamy middle.
- Whip 1 ½ cup of heavy cream and powdered sugar.Add a dash of cream of tartar.whip till stiff but not till it is to stiff. Spread over pie and pipe edges sprinkle with rest of bacon and pipe rest of chocolate sauce.