LARGO, Md. (WUSA) -- Larry Marshall Porter, 60, took some time to visit firefighter/medics and members of the Technical Rescue Team who saved his life after becoming trapped in a mulch dye machine in April.
Although Porter does not remember much of this traumatizing incident, he and his family expressed their gratitude to the Laurel Fire/EMS Station #810 personnel Monday morning.
The incident occurred on April 17 in Laurel when Porter entered the top part of a mulch dye machine to release jammed debris, forgot to use the lock measure, and became trapped in the machinery.
Porter, who is a resident of Maysville, Va., is still receiving treatment for injuries to his legs in Baltimore. There is still question to whether he'll be able to walk again.
"Anyone operating this type of machinery should operate with extreme caution and take all safety measures to avoid incidents like this. We are glad we were able to help Mr. Porter but want to remind everyone to keep safety first," said Mark E. Brady, Public Information Officer of Prince George's County Fire/EMS Dept.