FAIRFAX, Va. (WUSA) -- The Fairfax County Fire Department says a business in the area caught on fire after a dryer was left running while the store was closed.
On November 23, at approximately 8 p.m. firefighters responded to the fire at 1880 Howard Avenue. When they arrived at the business, smoke was showing from the rear of the three-story building. Firefighters were able to bring the fire under control in approximately 10 minutes and kept it contained.
There were no injuries reported, and damage is estimated at $75,000.