NORTH BETHESDA, Md. (WUSA9) -- A lane of northbound Rockville Pike at Old Georgetown Road is blocked while firefighters work at the scene of a possible carbon monoxide leak in North Bethesda on Tuesday morning.
According to Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Services spokesperson Pete Piringer, hazmat and emergency crews are at the Forum Apartments in the 11800 block of Rockville Pike looking for the source of a possible carbon monoxide leak. Some high concentrations of CO have been reported, but there are no injuries, says Piringer.
The 17-story apartment building was evacuated, ventilated and checked for hazards.
According to Piringer, some of the lower floors will be re-occupied but the top floors are still off limits at this time.
The incident appears to be related to some renovations and pipe chase, says Piringer. Washington Gas crews are at the scene.