Lara Logan has returned, though not quite triumphant.
But at least CBS' star correspondent can put to rest the rumors that she would never work at60 Minutes again.
Logan has been on six months' leave after her much-ballyhooed Benghazi report for the long-running Sunday magazine show turned out to be embarrassingly flawed. Oops.
Only last month, New York magazine posted a long story ("Benghazi and the Bombshell") explaining in grim detail what went wrong and why in Logan's report on the deadly 2012 raid on the U.S. Mission in Libya.
The article included some toxic gossip about the attractive Logan's reputation at CBS, including that she had been so damaged by the bad reporting she might not ever return.
But today CBS News spokeswoman Sonya McNair said Logan is back, although she didn't say when. Logan did not return messages to the Associated Press.
Her critics are still miffed that Logan's flawed reporting helped Republicans in Congress keep bashing the Obama administration over Benghazi. David Brock, founder of the liberal watchdog Media Matters for America, said bringing Logan back suggests CBS is not serious about being accountable.
But don't expect to see the South African-born reporter soon: 60 Minutes will be in reruns for the summer.