A member of staff prepares a dress, worn by Elizabeth Taylor for her first wedding in 1950, for sale at Christie's South Kensington on June 19, 2013 in London, England. The item is part of an auction entitled 'Pop Culture' featuring memorabilia charting the history of cinema, pop and rock and roll. (Photo by Matthew Lloyd/Getty Images)
LONDON, ENGLAND (WUSA9) -- An auction called Pop Culture at Christie's South Kensington in London, England will give several bidders a chance to own pieces of entertainment history. The auction features memorabilia marking the history of cinema, pop and rock and roll.
Among the items are:
- a Honda motorcycle, riden by Daniel Craig in the James Bond movie Skyfall,
- an eye patch worn by John Wayne during the film True Grit,
- the seed pearl-encrusted satin with built-corset dress worn by Elizabeth Taylor for her first wedding in 1950,
- a Breitling watch worn by Sean Connery in the James Bond film Thunderball,
- trousers worn by Madonna in a magazine cover photoshoot
- and the smashed neck of Kurt Cobain's guitar.
We're told that you'll need at least $47,000 to buy Elizabeth Taylor's dress, which she wore to marry hotel heir Conrad "Nicky" Hilton Jr. She was 18 years old at the time. They divorced months later (and Taylor got married seven more times).
The dress will be sold on June 26.
See photos of the items in the photo gallery.* Photos were taken by Matthew Lloyd/Getty Images on June 19.
*If you are using the iPad App, click the VIDEO button to see the photos.