Md. house fire sparked by child playing with matches

LA PLATA, Md. (WUSA9) -- A child playing with matches or a lighter caused a fire at a home in La Plata on Sunday morning, according to the Maryland State fire marshal.

The fire marshal says that a five-year-old playing with the matches or lighter caused minor damage to the siding of the home in the 10800 block of Hopewell Place. The damage is estimated at $1,000.

No one was hurt during the fire and the family was not displaced.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment