One person taken to hospital after VA fire

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (WUSA9) -- One person was transported to the hospital after a fire broke out in their Virginia home.

The occupant of the home on 504 Pickett Street was awoken shortly after 6:59 p.m. by the smell of smoke and the fire detector, fire officials reported.

Fire officials were able to put out the blaze, but not before a dog and cat died in the fire.

The resident of the home was transported to a local hospital and treated for smoke-inhalation and non-life threatening smoke inhalation.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment