LAUREL, Md. (WUSA) -- Fire officials believe a turkey-related fire significantly damaged a home early Thanksgiving.
After 10:30 p.m. Thursday, units from Prince George's, Anne Arundel, Howard Counties and the city of Laurel responded to reports of heavy fire in a two-story single-family home on the 500 block of Prince George's Street. According to officials, the accidental fire may have started on the rear deck when a family was cooking and the propane tank caught on fire, then exploded.
There were no injuries. A family of three was displaced. The home is located in a historic district.