BOWIE, Md. (WUSA) -- Bowie city officials put out a reminder to use caution after two residents were bitten by a fox. They say the fox was "likely rabid."
The two residents were from Meadowbrook and Chapel Forge. Officials say animal control units put traps in the neighborhood to catch the fox, but that it's "more likely to die before it can be caught."
Officials encourage you to watch for any animals behaving strangely, including the animal stumbling, having convulsions or being aggressive. They want you to bring your pets indoors if you see such activity.
• Keeping all cats and dogs current on their rabies vaccination.
• Reporting sick or injured wildlife.
• Keeping pets secure and on leash to minimize potential exposure.
• Not feeding pets outside as this attracts wildlife.
• Not feeding wildlife (mammals) and keeping trash secured.