Dryer started fire in Sterling Park, say officials

STERLING PARK, Va. (WUSA9) -- Officials with the Loudoun County Fire Marshal's Office have determined that a fire that displaced a resident from his home on Thursday morning was accidental.

Authorities say a dryer sparked the fire in the 300 block of Charlotte Street in Sterling Park.

The estimated dollar loss is $125,000, say officials.

One man was displaced as a result of the fire. The Red Cross is helping him, according to officials.

Fire and rescue personnel from several jurisdictions responded to the scene to help with the house fire at 8:53 a.m. Officials say fire crews arrived on the scene and discovered heavy fire in the basement. They began an aggressive interior attack while searching for possible occupants. Firefighters determined no one was home at the time of the fire.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment