Westin BWI hotel evacuated for Carbon Monoxide

LINTHICUM, Md. (WUSA) -- Four people have been taken to a local shock trauma center after a hotel near the Baltimore Washington International airport was evacuated for Carbon Monoxide.

Officials say the Westin BWI hotel at 1110 Elkridge Landing Road in Linthicum, Md., saw recorded CO levels as high as 700-800 parts per million, according to WUSA9 reporter Nikki Burdine.

Fire officials are typically concerned if levels are over 35 parts per million.

Five additional people were taken to a local hospital as a result of the gas leak.

Hotel occupants were allowed back inside only to retrieve their belongings, according to Burdine. They are all being relocated to other hotels.

The cause of the leak has not yet been found but levels are down in the hotel thanks to a ventilation system put in place by firefighters.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment