Trailer fire claims life of one Md. man

QUEEN ANNE'S COUNTY, Md. (WUSA9) -- An accidental fire that happened Friday night claimed the life of one man in Queen Anne, Md.

The Office of the State Fire Marshal and the Maryland State Police investigated the accidental fire that happened at 9:28 p.m inside a camper style trailer located at 509 Fox Meadow Drive in Queen Anne.

Authorities said almost 35 firefighters responded from Queen Anne, Hillsboro, Grasonville, Goodwill and Ridgley Volunteer Fire Departments to put out the one alarm fire.

The body of 59-year-old Perry G. Hoxter was found after the fire was brought under control, authorities said. Hoxter's wife escaped the fire unharmed and explained that her husband had ignited a kerosene heater, which caused some spilled kerosene to ignite on the floor around him.

The body of the victim has been taken to the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner for an autopsy, authorities said.

The investigation determined that no smoke alarms were located inside the trailer.

No other injuries were reported during the incident. The damage value loss is estimated at $20,000 authorities said.


To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories