Toddler seriously injured in building fire

BOYDS, MD (WUSA9) - A 4-year-old male toddler, was seriously injured after a fire started in a structure that partially stored hay and was a residential area.

The building was in the 16700 block of Barnesville Road. Firefighters said the storage area did not catch on fire, but there was significant loss to the residential section.

No firefighters were injured in the fire.

One family was displaced but the number of family members is unknown. The boy has non-life-threatening injuries.

Officials have not released the estimated amount lost in the fire.

© 2017 WUSA-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment
More Stories