FAIRFAX COUNTY (WUSA9) -- Officials responded to a single-family home fire in Virginia on Thursday.
The fire happened around 5:35 p.m. at a two-story home in the Bailey's Crossroads area, located at 5972 Jan Mar Drive. A dog and three cats died in the fire. The two people who live in the house were not present at the time of the fire, officials said.
When crews arrived, they saw fire coming from the back of the home. They were able to put out the fire on the second floor bedroom.
The cause of the fire has been ruled as accidental. An electrical anomaly in a second floor bedroom caused the fire, officials said.
Officials estimate the damage is around $50,000.