WASHINGTON (WUSA9) - Some D.C. streets will be closed for the Women’s March NRA2DOJ that started at 10 a.m. on Friday, July 14. The march is expected to last until midnight.
It started at NRA Headquarters, located at 11250 Waples Mill Road in Fairfax, Virginia, and will end at the Department of Justice, located at 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest, at approximately midnight.
The march will travel along the eastbound on the sidewalk along Route 29 until they get to the Francis Scott Key Bridge.
RELATED: Women's March organizers take on NRA in next march
The marchers are expected to arrive in the District of Columbia between 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm, and will shut down one lane of traffic along the following route:
- Head northeast on the Francis Scott Key Bridge to M Street NW
- East on M Street NW to Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- Southeast on Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 17th Street NW
- South on 17th Street NW to Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- East on Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 15th Street NW
- South on 15th Street NW to Pennsylvania Avenue NW
- East on Pennsylvania Avenue NW to 950 Pennsylvania Avenue NW (where the group will rally and disburse)
On Saturday, July 15, from 7:00 am to 3:00 pm, the organizers of this event will also hold a rally at the Department of Justice, located at 950 Pennsylvania Avenue, Northwest.
Drivers in the 800 and 900 blocks of Pennsylvania Avenue, NW, should expect delays.
MORE: Thousands descend on D.C. for women's march
All street closures and listed times may change due to unexpected conditions.
© 2017 WUSA-TV