Carbon monoxide incident caused by defective furnace in SE, DC

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) - - At least five adults and three children were taken to the hospital to be evaluated for possible exposure to carbon monoxide, in Southeast, D.C. due to a defective furnace, DC Fire and EMS said. 

The carbon monoxide incident happened in the 1600 block of 16th St. in Southeast, officials said. 

Crews were initially dispatched for a medical call for fainting. 

Officials identified the cause as a defective furnace. Red Cross has been requested to help the remaining residents. 

 

 

© 2017 WUSA-TV


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment