CPSC warns consumers to stop using Galaxy Note 7 after fire concerns

WASHINGTON (WUSA9) - The Consumer Product Safety Commission urged customers who own a Samsung Galaxy Note 7 to power them down and stop charging and using the device.

Lithium-ion batteries in the device could overheat and explode, the CPSC said.

RELATED: Samsung’s exploding Galaxy Note faces airline bans

The warning comes after recent reports involving lithium-ion batteries in certain Note 7 devices that resulted in fires. The fires occurred while charging as well as during normal use.

Samsung is working with the CPSC to officially recall the devices as soon as possible.

The CPSC is asking consumers to report product safety incidents involving lithium-ion batteries in smartphones here.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment