WUSA9 National Theatre 'Mean Girls' Giveaway Sweepstakes
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, (the “Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents (excluding Puerto Rico) who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees and contractors of WUSA9 (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Co., Inc. The National Theatre and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 9:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Tuesday, October 3rd, 2017, and end at 12:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Wednesday, October 4th, 2017. (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Entry: Entrants must watch Great Day Washington live October 3rd, 2017 from 9:00 a.m. -10:00 a.m.. When instructed to do so, during the show, entrants must comment on the Great Day Washington "Mean Girls' Facebook post http://bit.ly/2yTuPwV for a chance to win. Entrants must be 18 years old or older. One winner will be selected randomly. There can be only one-(1) winner per household for the last 30 days.
Entries limited to only one (1) entry per person per day of the Sweepstakes Period.
There can be only one-(1) winner per household for the last 30 days.
4. Winner Selection. A total of (1) winners will be selected over a span of one (1) day.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Winner will receive a pair of tickets to Mean Girls the Musical on November 14th, 2017 at The National Theatre.
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance: Winner will be given further instructions on when and how to claim prize when available. Winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 4100 Wisconsin Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016, and valid photo identification may be required. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Prize is not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Winner will also be required to complete a W-9 and properly returned. Failure to sign and return these forms or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by the eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for the giveaway of the The National Theatre including closings, schedule changes, expirations, cancellations, taxes or fees.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The “WUSA9 Mean Girls Musical” is sponsored by WUSA9, The National Theatre. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of the winner and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winners (available after October 30, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), ““WUSA9 Mean Girls Musical Giveaway Sweepstakes", 4100 Wisconsin Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016.
© 2017 WUSA-TV