1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR TO WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR ODDS OF WINNING. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, LOCAL AND MUNICIPAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility. Subject to the additional restrictions below, the “WUSA9 $20K in 20 Days Sweepstakes” (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to Legal residents of the WUSA9 Terrestrial Geographic Viewing Area who are 18 years of age or older. Employees and contractors of WUSA9 (“Sponsor”), TEGNA Co., Inc. Visa Gift Card, and each of their respective affiliated companies, and advertising and promotional agencies, and the immediate family members of, and any persons domiciled with, any such employees or contractors, are not eligible to enter or to win.
3. How To Enter. The Sweepstakes will begin at 5:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Monday, January 30, 2017, and end at 6:00 a.m. (E.T.) on Friday, February 24, 2017. (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
Entry: Entrants must watch Wake Up Washington from 5 a.m. to 6 a.m. on WUSA9 Monday through Friday to receive the “The Word of the Day” and then call (202-244-2064) for a chance to win. Entrants must be 18 years old or older. The 9th answered caller on each day, Monday through Friday, will be the winner, once “The Word of the Day” has been received from the Caller and verified by WUSA9. There can be only one-(1) winner per household for the last 30 days. If the 9th Caller does not qualify, then the 10th Caller will be verified by WUSA9 once “The Word of the Day” has been received.
Entries limited to only one (1) entry per person per day of the Sweepstakes Period.
There can be only one-(1) winner per household for the last 30 days.
4. Winner Selection. A total of twenty (20) winners will be selected over a span of twenty (20) days. Each day callers 18 years old or older will call in for their chance to win. The 9th answered caller on each day, Monday through Friday, will be the winner once “The Word of the Day” has been received from the Caller and verified by WUSA9. One (1) winner per household per sweepstakes for the last 30 days.
5. Prizes and Odds. One (1) Winner each day will receive one (1) $1000.00 VISA Gift Card over a span of 20 days (ARV: $20,000.00).
Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
6. Winner Notification and Acceptance. In real time, over the telephone entrants will be told they are the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, and 8th caller and that they can try again the next day until the 9th answered caller is notified that they are the winner after “The Word of the Day” has been received from the Caller and verified by WUSA9. Winners will be given further instructions on when and how to claim prize when available. Each winner must personally visit Sponsor’s offices at 4100 Wisconsin Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016, and valid photo identification may be required. Winner may waive their right to receive prizes. Prizes are nonassignable and nontransferable. Prize is not redeemable for cash. No substitutions allowed by winner. Prizes and individual components of prize packages are subject to availability and Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater value. Winner is solely responsible for reporting and payment of any taxes on prizes. Winner may be required to complete an affidavit of eligibility/liability and publicity release (except where prohibited by law) which must be returned as instructed by Sponsor. Winner will also be required to complete a W-9 and properly returned. Failure to sign and return these forms or release, or to comply with any term or condition of these Official Rules, may result in a winner’s disqualification, the forfeiture of his or her interest in the prize, and the award of the prize to a substitute winner. Except where prohibited, acceptance of any prize constitutes winner’s consent to the publication of his or her name, biographical information and likeness in any media for any commercial or promotional purpose, without limitation the Internet, or further compensation. Prizes not won and claimed by the eligible winner in accordance with these Official Rules will not be awarded and will remain the property of Sponsor.
7. Participation. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify persons found tampering with or otherwise abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes as solely determined by Sponsor. In the event the Sweepstakes is compromised by a virus, non-authorized human intervention, tampering or other causes beyond the reasonable control of Sponsor which corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper operation of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes. Should the Sweepstakes be terminated prior to the stated expiration date, Sponsor reserves the right to award prizes based on the entries received before the termination date. Sponsors will not be responsible for incomplete, lost, late, postage-due, misdirected or illegible entries, or for failure to receive entries or votes or other electronic communications due to transmission failures or technical failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any network, hardware or software, whether originating with sender or Sponsor. In the event of a dispute, all online entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the owner of the ISP account from which they were sent. For these purposes, an ISP account holder shall mean the natural person assigned to such ISP account by the Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning ISP addresses for the domain associated with such ISP account. Any questions regarding the number of entries or votes submitted by the owner of an ISP account shall be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entries, or votes by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the Sweepstakes. By participating in this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to fully release, forever discharge and hold harmless Sponsor and against all claims, costs, liabilities, losses, injuries, and damages arising out of the Sweepstakes, including, but not limited to, any claims for personal injury, death or damage to or loss of property or any other harm arising out of entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes, the receipt, use, or misuse of any prize, or any travel or activity that is related to the Sweepstakes or any prize. Sponsor is not responsible for the operation of the VISA Gift Card including closings, schedule changes, expirations, cancellations, taxes or fees.
8. Construction. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any such provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, these rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
9. Sponsor. The “WUSA9 $20K in 20 Days Sweepstakes” is sponsored by WUSA9. The decisions of Sponsor regarding the selection of the winner and all other aspects of the Sweepstakes shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will not be responsible for typographical, printing or other inadvertent errors in these Official Rules or in other materials relating to the Sweepstakes. For a list of winner (available after March 27, 2017) or a copy of these Official Rules send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “Winners List/Official Rules” (as applicable), “WUSA9 9 $20K in 20 Days Sweepstakes”, 4100 Wisconsin Avenue NW Washington, DC 20016. If you have any questions regarding this Sweepstakes, please contact Darlene Dyer, ddyer@WUSA9.com, 202-895-5933.
© 2018 WUSA-TV