WHEATON, MD (WUSA9) - Surveillance video has been released of three suspects stealing from five different cell phone stores in Wheaton and Rockville.
Police say the suspects have stolen an estimated $18,200 in electronics.
The suspects stole the electronics during normal business and in some cases, with customers in the store. In an incident on July 30, police say two suspects assaulted an employee. The victim suffered non-life threatening injuries.
The following thefts took place:
- June 25, 2016, AT&T Store, 11427 Georgia Avenue, Wheaton, 2:00 p.m.
- June 27, 2016, T-Mobile Store, 2800 University Boulevard West, Wheaton, 10:51 a.m.
- July 19, 2016 – AT&T Store, 11427 Georgia Avenue, Wheaton, 10:37 a.m.
- July 21, 2016, AT&T Store, 1600 Rockville Pike, Rockville, 11:17 a.m.
- July 30, 2016 – AT&T Store, 1304 E Gude Drive, Rockville, 12:19 p.m.
Anyone with information about these thefts or the suspects involved is asked to call the 4th District Patrol Investigation Unit at 240-773-5476. Crime Solvers will pay a cash reward of up to $10,000 for information provided to them that leads to an arrest in this case. To be eligible for a reward, tipsters must call Crime Solvers of Montgomery County toll-free at 1-866-411-TIPS (8477). Callers to Crime Solvers will remain anonymous.