WASHINGTON (WUSA9) - More than 200 people stopped traffic at a busy intersection where an unarmed black man was fatally shot by a D.C. police officer, last month.
The protest happened Monday night, roughly three-weeks after 31-year-old Terrence Sterling was shot and killed along the 300 block of M Street Northwest.
The organizer of the protestor, Steven Douglass, told WUSA9 they had a number of demands - from the release of additional video, to the arrest of the officers involved, to an investigation led by the Department of Justice.
Much of the frustration was targeted at Mayor Bowser and the body camera video she released last week.
"What she did was pacify us with something she wanted us to believe was credible," said Douglass. "It wasn't [credible] because you didn't tell us that we were going to see some of the video. You didn't say there would be a minute or two that was excluded due to policy. You could've said that to us. You didn't say that. You said you were releasing the video, making us think that this was the truth."
Bowser's office previously confirmed to WUSA9 that there is additional body camera video. However, they said because of privacy issues it is their policy to only release video up until the moment medical personnel arrive on scene.
Monday's protests began on the corner where Sterling was shot, but eventually they began to march and shut down the intersection of New York and New Jersey Avenue.
At one point, four DC police officers came or with a speaker that played a recording telling protestors they were blocking a major intersection, used by emergency responders.
Dozens of protestors began walking towards the officers, chanting. The officers began to walk away and protestors surrounded them on all sides, continuing the chants.
The police walked further back and the protestors continued marching down the street.