Salt & Pepper are a local culinary duo featuring Home Cook Brian Reeve and Professional Chef " Tee" Terrell Danley. Brian and Chef Tee shake things up in the kitchen by offering their different perspectives on cooking. Learn more about the guys on their website Saltnpepperchefs.com
Reeve made his Tasty Green Beans and Danley made Spaghetti Squash for us.
See recipes for both below.
Brian's Tasty Green Beans
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time -- 10 minutes; cooking time -- 15 minutes
• 2 Tbsps. Worcestershire sauce
• 1 Tbsp. honey
• 1 Tbsp. butter, softened
• Juice from ½ lemon
• 1 ½ lbs. fresh green beans
• 2 slices of bacon, chopped
• ½ cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
• ½ cup yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
• ½ cup red onion, thinly sliced
• ½ cup cashews, whole or halved
• 1 clove garlic, finely diced
1. Snap or cut off stems of green beans; set aside.
2. In small bowl, whisk Worcestershire sauce, honey and butter; set aside.
3. Fill large bowl with cold water, ice cubes; set aside.
4. Bring large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat; add lemon juice, beans; cook until beans are bright green (about 5 minutes.)
5. Drain; plunge beans into ice water to stop cooking; drain again; set aside.
6. In large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp; transfer bacon to dish.
7. Add peppers, onions to skillet with leftover bacon grease; sauté; add garlic for final minute of sautéing.
8. Add beans, cashews, crisp bacon, honey mixture to skillet; toss ingredients; serve.
Chef Tee's Baked Spaghetti Squash
Serves 4 to 6
Prep time: 10 minutes; cooking time: 40-to-50 minutes
• 3 lbs. spaghetti squash
• Canola oil
• 4 Tbsps. butter
• ½ cup sherry
• Salt & Pepper to taste
• 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, diced
• 1 Tbsp. basil, chopped
• 1 Tbsp. parsley, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 400° F.
2. Use sharp knife to cut squash in half; scoop out seeds; discard seeds.
3. Use hands to coat outer skin of squash halves with oil (1 Tbsp. per half).
4. Put squash halves flesh side up on baking sheet.
5. Add 2 Tbsps. butter, 1/4 cup sherry inside each squash half.
6. Bake 30-to-40 minutes or until flesh is tender, golden brown; cool until easy to handle (about 30 minutes).
7. Use fork to fork out squash flesh from cavity (squash will resemble spaghetti); set flesh aside; discard skin cavity.
8. In large skillet, heat ¼ cup oil over medium-high heat; stir in tomatoes, garlic; cook a few minutes.
9. Add squash; toss ingredients; season w/Salt & Pepper; cook a few more minutes.
10. Stir in basil, parsley.