LIVE VIDEO: WUSA 9 Tonight    Watch
 

Navy sexual assault case postponed during holiday weekend

11:28 PM, Aug 31, 2013   |    comments
From left, Tra'ves Bush, Eric Graham and Josh Tate are reportedly the three men facing charges involving an alleged sexual assault at the Naval Academy's 'football house' last year. (Navy)
  • Share
  • Print
  • - A A A +
  • FILED UNDER

WASHINGTON (AP) - A military hearing on sexual assault accusations against three U.S. Naval Academy midshipmen has been postponed because the alleged victim says she is too fatigued to testify.

The woman said she was tired at the start of the Saturday morning hearing at the Washington Navy Yard. The hearing will resume Sunday to give the woman a chance to recuperate from a week of difficult cross-examination.

The woman, who is now a senior at the academy, also has noted her fatigue on the past two days.

The hearing is being held to determine whether the three former football players will face a court-martial.

The woman allegedly was sexually assaulted at an April 2012 party after a night of heavy drinking. She says she doesn't remember having sex with the men.

Most Watched Videos